The Coweta Food for Kids program helps to provide nutritious, child-friendly, easy-to-prepare food for chronically hungry children to take home over the weekends.
How you can help:
- Make a cash donation: tax-deductible donations can be made to help purchase food items. Checks should be made payable to Cedar Ridge Christian Church; be sure to write “Coweta Food for Kids” in the notation area on your check; $100 will support one child for an entire semester.
- Make a food donation: foods must be kid-friendly, shelf stable, easy-to-prepare, and nutritionally sound. Purchase specific items (in bulk) such as those listed below. Donations can be dropped off in the foyer near the Welcome Center.
- Individual mac-n-cheese packets
- Single serving applesauce
- Pudding cups
- Small bags of chips
- Breakfast bars
- Granola bars
- Sandwich crackers with cheese
- Juice pouches
- Ramen noodles
- Mini cereal boxes