Ridge Kids will be collecting items to stuff Christmas stockings for kids in the foster care system. Our goal is fill 100 stockings by November 13th. The filled stockings will be distributed to foster families within Cedar Ridge and to those in our community.
How does this work?
Donations of small toys, toiletry items, school supplies, etc. can be made to the RidgeKids.tv store. Our elementary-aged kids will then use their Ridge Kids bucks (earned on Sunday mornings) to purchase these items that will be used to fill stockings. Not only will this benefit foster care children in our community, it will also provide an opportunity for our own Cedar Ridge kids to invest in “giving” to others.
How can you help?
Donate items listed below to be used in the RidgeKids.tv store. Remember…items need to fit in Christmas stockings with several other items!
- Toiletry items such as small sizes of hand sanitizer and hand lotion, combs, small hairbrushes/combs, hair accessories, chapstick/lip gloss, body spray, deodorant
- Small toys such as small bags of legos (boxes won’t fit), yo-yos, fidget spinners, hot wheels, small dolls/Barbies, play dough, toy jewelry, small stuffed animals, bouncy balls, small nerf guns & bullets, bath toys for small kids
- Flashlights with extra batteries
- Hand-sized (or smaller) coloring books or regular books
- School supplies such as watercolor paints, crayons, stickers, mini notebooks, pens, pencils, erasers, and pencil sharpeners
If you have questions, or for more information, please contact Micheal Byrd, Children’s Minister.